ASR-Builder requires Python 2.5. It has not been tested on previous versions of Python so it cannot be guarenteed to work correctly on previous versions of Python. It also requires the PySQlite 3 and PyQt 4 modules for Python.
ASR-Builder requires Qt. Linux users should consult their distribution's documentation for installation instructions or visit http://trolltech.com/downloads, if it is not installed on your system. Windows users can visit http://trolltech.com/downloads in order to download Qt, if you do not have it installed.
|1.1.2 Beta not released for Windows||29-07-2008|
Currently, you can download the source via Subversion, from https://asr-builder.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/asr-builder.
There are several known issues with ASR-Builder, that will be fixed in later versions.
- File and folder names cannot contain spaces, only to delimit extentions.
- No line continuation in the run scripts.
- The preprocessor is not able to process transcriptions added with 'Modify'.
Some of the features to be added to ASR-Builder in later revisions:
- Add in a check for missing audio files or transcriptions.
- Convert the 'context' descriptions to XML.
- Add line continuation to the run scripts.
- Extend the editor (GUI) to be much more comprehensive.
- Add extra training/testing/recognition scripts.
- Add more functions that assist HTK during training/testing/recognition.